Wednesday, September 22, 2010

VTA's New Commuter Express Train

On my way to work one day this week a VTA employee handed me a new schedule as well as flyer announcing a new "Commuter Express" light rail train operating on the Santa Teresa/Baypointe Line. They are going to start this new Northbound Departure service Oct. 4, 2010. The train will depart from Santa Teresa and make regular stops until Ohlone/Cheynoweth where it shall become non-stop all the way to Convention Center downtown. Hopefully shaving off a few minutes from the total ride will encourage more ridership on the three Northbound and three Southbound trains they are adding. It will shave 12 minutes off my ride time, enabling me to hit the later train and relax a bit at the morning school drop-off without my literally sprinting through the station lot to grab my train on time. Hooray for saving the planet and saving on downtown parking fees!

Another Cheap and Great Tip: they are offering a free token to ride the new Commuter Express through Oct. 29th through their website.

No comments:

Post a Comment