Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Pretty Princesses

Tonight I'm hoping to finish my daughters' "princess" dresses for a special birthday party we've been invited to attend. Instead of going the pricey Disney costume route, we headed to our favorite spot for kids' clothing-- Goodwill (Santa Teresa) and bought some plain party dresses with taffeta skirts for about $3.00 each. The girls and I visited Hancock Fabrics and picked up some colorful netting, ribbons and marabou to hand sew to the dresses. My older daughter added her own beads for flair and voila we will add some wings and turn them into fairy costumes next Halloween. I love our local Goodwill -- it's not as large and organized as the Almaden Expressway branch, but I find the best housewares, clothing and childrens' VHS for a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment